“SKMCA operates under UAE laws and regulations. The UAE Government adopts different legislations, which protect the patient rights, regulate medical facilities, medicines and medical staff work. The Medical Liability Law sets the responsibilities of SKMCA as a care provider, such as how to maintain patient confidentiality and when disclosures must be made. Below you find the rights and responsibilities for patients and families.”
As a patient at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City – Ajman, you have the right to:
- Receive treatment according to the highest professional standards.
- Receive treatment without delay in an emergency.
- Be informed of all costs and expenses before the treatment.
- Be given respect for your privacy and confidentiality of care and personal information.
- Receive protection from any physical, verbal or psychological abuse.
- Request another medical opinion if desired.
- Request a medical report or previous lab/radiology reports.
- Accept or reject treatment, or if not directly responsible for the care, bear the burdens of rejection of treatment as personal responsibility.
- Be provided with comprehensive explanations about treatment, alternative treatments and the side effects of the treatment and participate in care and treatment decisions.
- Be provided an interpreter if necessary.
- Complain about medical services and care without fear and know the procedure to follow.
- Receive care that supports your dignity, and is respectful of your personal values and beliefs.
Click here to download
As a patient at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City – Ajman, you have the following responsibilities to:
- Provide accurate personal information when applying for medical care.
- Respect the priority of emergency situations.
- Follow the rules and regulations of Sheikh Khalifa Medical City – Ajman.
- Pay treatment fees and financial dues without delay.
- Follow the therapeutic plan proposed by the physician and bear the consequences in case of rejection of the treatment.
- Respect all employees and the rights of other patients.
- Preserve personal belongings during the period of the treatment.
- Maintain appointments and inform staff in case of nonattendance to allow time to be given to other patients.
- Cooperate with the healthcare provider during examination and procedures.